RTEI 2017 Call for Advocacy Proposals Now OpenNov. 16, 2016
RESULTS Educational Fund is now welcoming proposals for the 2017 RTEI advocacy round. 2016 RTEI partners are welcomed to submit in-country advocacy strategies until January 9, 2017.
RESULTS Educational Fund is pleased to announce the next stage of RTEI! RESULTS is requesting proposals from RTEI civil society partners in the Global South to develop and submit in-country advocacy strategies based on the 2016 RTEI findings. Proposals should be for advocacy activities conducted from February to September 2017 and should seek to carry forward targeted advocacy around one or two of the most nationally relevant RTEI 2016 findings. Proposals should strategically build on partners’ existing work or upcoming campaign areas.
Partners choose the issue area of their advocacy strategy based on RTEI 2016 findings and their national contexts. Partners also choose the strategic approaches most suitable for that issue and their contexts. However, RESULTS Educational Fund and its partners are additionally positioned to best support strategies with the following example tactics:
Engagement of education sector policy, planning, and review processes
- Parliamentary engagement
- Media engagement
- Citizen engagement
- Multilateral institution engagement
- Application of Right to Education Project’s new monitoring guide
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and Framework for Action shadow reporting
- UN Committee reporting
RTEI partners may propose other strategies or a combination of the above tactics.
- February - September - Implementation of in-country advocacy strategy
- March - Orientation with selected civil society advocacy partner
- March - Southern launch of RTEI 2016 report
- May - Midterm status update (templates will be provided)
- October – Final report (templates will be provided)
Applicants must be current RTEI 2016 partners based in the Global South.
Selected advocacy strategies will be supported with up to USD $20,000 disbursed in two installments.
How to Apply
Interested partners should review the full Call for Proposals, complete the RTEI Partner Proposal Template and RTEI Budget Template, and submit them to email@example.com by Monday, January 9, 2017. Please put “RTEI 2017 Advocacy Proposal” in the email subject line.